The production of machine tools in Zlín, Baťa’s city, started in 1936 and soon after that the Company put together an integrated offer of basic assortment. In 1938, the production in Zlín encountered some difficulties with recruiting. The company management considered transferring the centre of the activity in this field into a different region – Slovakia. However, the events in the second half of the year stopped that intention. After the separation and occupation of Czechoslovakia, the company management decided to look for another location within the territory of the Protectorate.
The Company received a new logo – the MAS brand (meaning Moravian and Slovakian Machine Works) during the time when they were thinking of moving to Slovakia. After 15 March 1939, the meaning of the logo was changed to Moravian Incorporated Machine Works and the company management looked for a new location in the territory of the Protectorate. Mr. Bohuslav Ševčík, the Director of MAS, selected an area in the cadastre of Velký dvůr near Sezimovo Ústí that the Company acquired on 5 June 1939 for the construction of a new plant.